Grand Convention is just a few, short weeks away and many sisters are starting to think about what they need to pack in their suitcase. We know the guidelines can be a little tricky so we’ve created a quick guide with some outfit inspiration.
Convention is full of special events this year. Check back tomorrow for more information about the attire for the 80’s Dinner and Dance Party, the Splash-In Movie and the Diamond Awards Banquet.
First things first. What is resort casual anyway? Resort Casual attire means dresses, slacks, casual skirts, Capri or cropped pants paired with appropriate tops, sweater sets or blouses. If you have ever been to Leadership Seminar or District Leadership Conference, the dress code is basically the same with a few exceptions. The last dinner at LS is not as formal as the banquet night at Convention. Chapter polos and cardigans are acceptable but we would like for you to stray away from the types of outfits with t-shirts, like you would see at DLC.
You are encouraged to dress comfortably, be ready to learn and prepared to enjoy all of the activities of the 2015 summer meetings. The hotel meeting rooms tend to be a bit cool, so bring a light jacket or sweater if you get chilly.
If you’re looking for fashion inspiration…
We have been pinning Convention outfits on our Pinterest page. Check out the board below for lots of Convention fashion inspiration.
We’ve already posted about Adelphean Processional on the blog (check it out here if you haven’t read it, yet), but don’t forget to look at our Adelphean Processional Pinterest board for more ideas.
Convention Packing Checklist
This year, we created a Grand Convention Packing Checklist. This checklist was sent to all attendees and is linked below. This checklist is great to have when you start packing your suitcase and start planning your outfits for each day.
Now that you have your outfits packed, don’t forget…
- To bring extra money for Sorority Spirit and Herff Jones. You might also want to leave room in your suitcase for your new goodies.
- Some snacks for your hotel room. The food, and dessert, is never scarce at an ADPi meeting, but some granola bars will come in handy if you accidentally oversleep through the cash-and-carry breakfast.
- A power strip for extra outlet space. You never know when you would need it!
- Business/Contact cards. The Foundation will be hosting a session about networking so these will be a great item to add to your Convention tote.
- A camera. Your iPhone can take great photos but nothing beats a real camera to capture your Convention memories!
- Your Ritual Book
- A positive attitude and a willingness to learn
Do you have your outfits already planned? Have any good packing tips to share?
Leave them in the comments section!